The Twelfth International Conference on Open Repositories 2017 to be held in Brisbane, Australia is now open for proposals. The deadline for submissions has been extended to 30th November 2016.
For OR2017 the theme is Open : Innovation | Knowledge | Repositories, aiming to reflect how the Open Repository community continues to be at the forefront of developments, sharing knowledge, and working as an enabler of scholarship and open science.
OR2017 will provide an opportunity to:
- showcase innovative repository services as well as innovations in functionality and user experience of repository software;
- introduce innovative uses of repositories, for example to accommodate new types of content, serve new groups of users, or achieve new goals;
- analyse drivers for repository innovation, including evolving technologies, changes in scholarly communication processes, as well as policies around open access to research outputs at institutional, national and international levels; and
- explore and highlight innovation in the wider ecosystem around repositories.
Proposals which cover the following themes are of particular interest:
- Supporting Open Scholarship, Open Data and Open Science
- Repositories and cultural heritage
- Repositories of high volume and/or complex data and collections
- Managing research data, software and workflows
- Integrating with the wider web and external systems
- Exploring metrics, assessment and impact
- Managing rights
- Developing and training staff
Further information on each of the above themes can be found at http://or2017.net/call-for-proposals/
As usual there will be an EPrints Interest Group track for which proposals for presentations and panels are welcomed. We hope to see lots of EPrints work from the community being shared across the submission categories.